Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Here We Go Cobra Here We Go



Cobra is a 10-a-side rugby tournament held once a year in Malaysia. This year, it is held on the 10th and 11th of November 2012 in Stadium MBPJ Kelana Jaya. It is a pretty kind of prestigious tournament because there are many well known international rugby club participated in this tournament. Some of them are as follows:

Penguins RC (UK)
Aussie Legends (Australia)
Daveta (Fiji)
Casuarina Cougars 
Papatoetoe (NZ)
Massey

Apart from that, there are teams from Malaysia also. The teams are as follows :

Kris Cornlay
ASAS RC
NS Wanderers
COBRA
Borneo Eagles

These are only a few teams that participated as I can recall. (Banyak sangat susah nak ingat semua hehe) I went there on the second day. First day is for the grouping and the quarter finals, semis and final is on the second day (so, better pergi second day kan...) The entrance is freeeeee so no worry about budget. hahahaha

I'm not going there alone as I was being accompanied by my 2 sidekicks. (hahaha soryy youu :-*) This is my victims for that day :


Can you see the faces of the two..?? hahaha. Well, we arrived there during the afternoon when the match past is going to start. After that we watched a semifinal match in the bowl category. These two persons were trying their best to  understand the game. Well, their effort must be praised. hehehe. 

A game passed one after another. There are winners also there are losers. Final conclusion is between my favorate team which is Cobra vs Daveta from Fiji. However, Fiji's player is too wild to be tamed. So, they settled their score with 38-5 with Daveta from Fiji emerged as the winner. Cobra then again settled for runner up same achievement as last year. However, I still like to wish, Congrates Cobra! There's still next year for a revenge. :)

Here some screen shot from my tab's camera. I believed a picture describes a thousands words. :)






Going back to this stadium also brought back some of my school year memories where one of them is that we managed to play here during the 2007 Cobra 10's. We defeated SAS in the quarter and qualified to play in the stadium for the semis. The fight I can say is the most best 10 a side ever. However, encountering SSBP is not an easy task. We lost by a try and the score is settled by 12-5. SSBP beat SMK Yahya Petra if I'm not mistaken by 40-0 in the final. It is sure a one sided game. (Nak poyo la kitorang lagi fight time semi tu.) Here is my team's picture before the game. Where is meeeee....??? :D

Which one is me??

Finally, I would like to thanks Hanis Nasuha for accompanying me eventhough I know it is tremendously boring for you. Thank you :)

No comments: